For 2015, Flosum is creating a new scholarship for students interested in pursuing a Salesforce release management career.
About the scholarship
Flosum will award a scholarship of USD750 to an outstanding college student pursuing studies in Salesforce release management or application lifecycle management with a demonstrated interest in the field of Salesforce.
What’s behind this scholarship?
IDC estimates that this year alone that 60% of the budget will be spent on IT maintenance. This number is projected to grow fifty-fold by the year 2020. Right now and in the near future, companies need a complete lifecycle management framework to help manage and control the applications. We want to encourage students to pursue release management careers and to play an active role in the new data-centric global economy.
1. The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year university or college located in United States;
2. Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 3.5 or above are also eligible to apply for the scholarship;
3. Applicants must be pursuing or intending to pursue their bachelor’s degree which can be in the fields of computer engineering, computer science or in another technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics or mathematics with an interest in the field of computer science.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, submit the following:
1. Write a 1000-word essay comparing 3 the use of Salesforce with Jenkins, Changesets and Ant Migration tool. Also, explain the issues in using GIT with Salesforce.
2. Include a cover letter. Be sure to include your name, your college, college year, graduating year and intended major. In your cover letter, explain how you plan to use the scholarship and why we should select your application;
To apply, submit your scholarship application to [email protected]. To be considered for the 2015 award, entries must be received no later than Dec 15, 2015 and winner will be declared on 31st-Dec-2015
1) Winner student will be contacted directly via email or by phone [on the same details that you have provided while applying the scholarship].
2) Students can use below few video URL’s to understand Salesforce.com
We are have to announce the winner of Flosum 2015 Scholarship.
Winner student – Nilay Kodnani, San Jose State University (CS Department)