With intense security demands and deployment roadblocks, efficient development in the federal government and public sector can be a real challenge. A key goal for many agencies is accelerating digital transformation, as many of their current or historical tools are from old legacy environments. As these complex legacy apps migrate to Salesforce enterprises, agencies need a DevOps solution tailored to deploying Salesforce changes efficiently and securely while remaining 100% compliant and auditable.
Leveraging new technologies that embrace automation, AI and data management can be just the ticket to DevOps success, enabling agencies to serve their customers and their mission efficiently. However, it’s important for any new tool to be fully vetted to make sure it will deliver the desired improvements to expedite digital transformation while keeping security top of mind.
Here are five key features agencies should look for when choosing a DevOps tool:
- Streamlined development process: By automating the entire development process, from code management to deployment, teams can work together efficiently and effectively.
- Security and compliance: Robust security measures are a must to protect sensitive data, including role-based access control, encryption and multi-factor authentication. Additionally, any tool evaluated must comply with industry standards such as FEDRAMP, HIPAA and PCI.
- Audit trail: Tracking all the changes made to the codebase will allow federal agencies to maintain a detailed audit trail for agency reporting requirements or in case of an audit or compliance investigation.
- Testing and validation: Testing and validation capabilities allow developers to catch errors early in the development process and ensure that their code meets all necessary requirements.
- Collaboration: Internal teams and external partners must be able to collaborate with ease, streamlining the development process and increasing transparency.
Exclusively approved for use on the government cloud and FedRAMP compliant, Flosum checks all of these boxes. Flosum’s native-to-Salesforce tool increases deployment velocity and simplifies the development process while ensuring security and compliance since code and data never leave Salesforce.
Flosum is unique because it provides a suite of integrated DevOps and security tools that are built specifically for Salesforce and within Salesforce. Flosum provides Salesforce developers a much-needed end-to-end lifecycle, from requirements management to deployment and production.
Any DevOps tool utilized by the federal government must demonstrate tangible return on investment to justify its use. On average, Flosum has a 2-month payback period and helps teams make the following productivity gains:
- 67% automated deployment time
- 42% automated changes
- 46% reduction in manual steps
- 48% non-release deployment
Learn how one U.S federal agency has used Flosum to stays on schedule and improve release quality
Seeing is believing! Book a demo to get started today.